Thursday, March 09, 2006

244 gathering @ Penang

my trip to Penang starts like this..
Ruby booked tickets for us from KLIA to Penang on friday the 3rd, so i took the friday off from work. friday mornin, Ruby smsed me a couple of times, tellin me dat she's already in KLIA flyin in from Singapore (since 10+am). i decided to connect my laptop onto the internet dat mornin, n was surprised at how easy it was. so i surfed, n emailed, n chit chatted... until it was 12noon. my flight with Ruby was 1:40pm, so it was time to bathe n go. i left home at about 12:30 n got into a cab.

guess wat time i arrived at the airport? keke it was already 1:40pm.. Ruby didn't check in as well, n we both got our tickets void. i was devastated, i couldn't just waste Ruby's money n efforts. we took a cab to the old train station n boarded the Nice bus to Penang, n got there at 8pm. keke

this gathering is for the residents of 244 Burwood Highway, Burwood 3125 Vic, Australia.
ppl who are involved would be:

  • me (my room's next to the toilet, i can hear it when ppl flush!),
  • Ruby (the big baby who's my diet advisor),
  • Janice (the big sis who makes (not bake) really good log cake),
  • Kui Soo - as thin as ever (& wifey Guat Khim - my shoppin buddy),
  • Darius (he's the joker who never stops laughin, LOUDLY),
  • Su Ren (the very knowledgable big bro who travels a lot), and
  • Nick (the big guy who eats butter by slices, not spreaded).

1st of all, let me say dat we had the most wonderful time in 244 (our rented house). i remember the times we cooked for everybody, had great house parties, excellent birthdays. we kinda made our own cakes for birthdays, so they mean extra much. we're all a lil weird, actually, but we bond. n i'd say we've bonded quite well.. livin with ppl u dunno can actually make things fun, if u know how to.

apologies from Darius, who had a lot of work in KL, n he just came back from Penang the week before to see his gf. Su Ren.. was kinda not contacted.. hehe, altho he's also from Penang, currently workin in KL. Nick is still in Melbourne, workin his butt off.. we all miss them.

this is our hosts KS n lovely wifey GK, he's gonna be a dad at 24!(his b'day is in April)



baby bump: she's due to give birth on the 25th March~


Ruby O n I, as close as ever.. she's really blur with everythin but her studies


our happy family photo(l-r:Janice, Ruby, KS, GK n me!)

we do look very happy,don't we? oh, then just this tuesday Darius asked me out for lunch, so here he is.. haha


here's dear Darius, who lives right next to my room, never wakes up to his alarm, n talks on
the phone super loudly~ keke another great Eason fan like me!

we're lookin forward to our next gathering, said to be either in Melbourne (where Nick n I would be) or Adelaide (where Ruby is studyin her Masters in Nutrition and Dietetics). let's hope n pray it'll be within 2 or 3 yrs time, yeah? muakz to u guyz..







No comments: