Thursday, November 25, 2004

damn laws on privacy

here's my case, in 2001, my 1st year of uni, i signed a contract for a mobile phone under my then bf's name, which i will only name him R, at this point of time. shit, i'm already havin a headache.. we have agreed on this 28 month plan, which ends today, dat i will pay all bills by direct debit, and all letters n bills will be sent to my place. i will be the sole user of the number, n i keep all the contracts. 28 months ago, i stayed in Burwood, n has since then moved to Hawthorn East, Box Hill, then Box Hill again. i couldn't change any details of the contract at all since i'm not the bloody account holder, so i had to call R to change them for me. u see, R was only my bf for less than 2 months, n i haven't been talkin to him much since we broke up. so, imagine the agony of havin to call him to change details. this i have attempted to avoid, thus after askin R to change the Burwood address to the H.East address, which he did reluctantly, i didn't ask him to change any more addresses, so as to save effort n trouble. i had the bills direct debitted to my bank account anyway, i don't need the bills.. a month ago, a lady from the phone company called me n asked for feedback on the service provided. we went on n on with the account holder status n she adviced me of wat the best deals i should go for, for my own interest. bla bla bla, i didn't realize until today, dat it is already the last day of my account service n try to make arrangements. i called them regarding the transfer status, n they said they couldn't do it for me, these are wat they told me today:
  • becoz i'm not an Australian citizen, or have a permanenet residency status, i should have a job.
  • becoz i'm not employed, n do not fulfil the above criteria, i have to pay a $200 bond, returnable at the end of my contract (which is today, duh)
  • becoz i'm not an Australian citizen, or have a permanent residency status, they need me to fax a copy of my passport n visa to them for verification purposes.
  • becoz my visa is expiring in march 2005, they are not approving the transfer from R's name to mine, even tho the plan is expiring today. they will not be able to do the transfer (which costs $27.50, btw) until i have renewed my visa, which is ridiculous..
  • oh, n for the $200, if my transfer was to be approved, i have to send them the $200 n get it back at the end of the contract anyway.. it's stupid.

thus, i have decided to hang up the phone, becoz there is nothin i can do anyway, so much for payin thousands over the 27 months. altho i must say a big thankyou to Mitch on the other line who talked to me nicely n did make the effort to explain everythin to me. i will no longer use this number adter it has expired, which i dunno exactly when becoz i just called R to have him call the phone company to disconnect the line. after dat, i will be using jacke's number, almost the same company tho. oh, n i can never understand y i couldn't sign the contract under my name in the 1st place? jacke's not an australian citizen, nor a permanent resident, or employed. both our visas were for 3 years.. anythin else? i dunno, it's just plain stupid. those of u who wants my number, plz contact me here, or in msn. thx for readin my rambling.. i hate payin those bills.. they never go less than 100 each month, n considerin dat i've once paid $3000 over 3 months, they should have put me on a VVVVIP status.

No comments: