Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pissed Mz

Today was supposed to be a happy day, Alex took his exam this morning, then he would join me, Jacke n Ronald for Yum Cha, which means dim sum here in Melbourne. We had our dim sum at Han Palace in Vermont South, then all of us headed to the Burwood Vicroads.

I was supposed to have my driving test today, 3:20pm. We arrived at about 2:55pm, then sat in my car for a while to get me to cool down. I'm always pretty nervous before tests, but I never filnched when i do exams or go up the stage. It's the small things that REALLY scare me. Like the time when I did my IELTS test? I couldn't sleep the night before!! Anyway, the point is i'm scared of small tests.

We got in to the licensing centre, n I asked if my Honda Jazz was suitable for a driving test. The officer behind the counter confirmed with me that my Jazz could not be used for a drivin test, as the speedometer could not be seen from the front passenger seat. *screaming in my head* I only had 20 minutes left before my test, Jacke n I drove to the Mitcham Hertz car rental to get a Toyota Corolla, hopefully just in time for my test. Then guess what happened? I took the wrong turn back to the licensing centre, n had to wait at the tracks for 2 trains to cross. TWO TRAINS! God is really testing my patience, even though I don't think I flare out very violently. I finally got back to Vicroads n this is wat happened.

Me: Hi, I'm sorry I'm late. Would I still..(being cut off)

Officer (Ofc): It's okay, but you're not taking the test today..

Me: Is it because it's past 3:20pm? (knowin dat there's a 10 min grace period)

Ofc: No, regardless of the time, you are not taking the test today, your Hazard Perception Test (HPT) results have expired.. The results only last for 12 months, it doesn't matter if it was a day expired, you would not be able to take the driving test.

Me: Oh, so when did my HPT expire?

Ofc: 3 months ago..

Me: But when I booked myself in for the drivin test, the officer said it would be fine.

(Ofc looks at the date my appointment was made, 23 OCT 2006!!)

Ofc: I don't know which officer told you that, but it's expired, you'll have to re-take the HPT and make another appointment for the drivin test.

Me: Okay, thankyou.

Can you imagine this?? I've waited so bloody long for the test and now I've f*cked up. So I took a number and waited for my turn to reschedule my driving test n to book myself in for the HPT (AGAIN!!). HPT is scheduled for tomorrow at 11:20am, and my driving test? You wouldn't believe it, it's 5th December.. 8:40am! Buggers.. On days like these, when I'm at my poorest, I have to incur extra unnecessary costs, this is just absurd.

EXTRA Costs involved:
  • Appointment reschedule 10.60
  • HPT 24.40
  • Car Rental (now useless) 76.00

Grand Total $111.00!!!

I would be so pissed if I didn't have to rent another car for the test, but now it's been paid for, n it's sitting outside the garage becoz no one has got any use for it. And come to think of it, who's fault is it? It's not like I have to blame somebody everytime somethin goes wrong, but analysis of the matter is just inevitable. PLUS it's not really my fault.

Primarily, it's the stupid male officer (he was in the office too jz now) who booked my appointment on the 23 Oct, n told me it would be okay to take the drivin test today. If it wasn't for his negligence, I wouldn't have to go through all these. My HPT expired 3 months ago?? Then by 23rd Oct, HE would have known that it's expired, right? Why book me in n make this unnecessary mistake?? Totally totally pissin me off.

Secondly, I wanna blame Honda. Why does Honda need to cover up the speedometers so only the driver can see?? It's not like it looks really nice or somethin, it's just so.. argh...

Forgive me ppl, for I'm on a rage.. It doesn't help when I come home, check my email and received another few rejection letters from companies whose jobs I applied for.

It's just not my day.

P/S: HPT is taken to test how fast your reactions are, it consists of 75 questions, all in video form where you're supposed to click the mouse once when you think you should react to the situation. Eg. click when u think it's time to slow down, stop or signal. somethin like dat. i nearly fell asleep the last time i took it.

7 comments:

charzylicious said...

no wonder someone has wanting me to read her blog so much...
ehehe...

first of all, babe, good luck for you exam tmr, thou it is a 'small test'.

secondly, dont blame Honda, with the covered meterreader, the policeman will not be able to track ur speed..(my philosophy)

thirdly, you should always check if ur lisence is expired..

fourthly, you are always late even to go on board....aw...so...ehhee....

take it easy....you can do it...

we love you..

Mz said...

dear lu, it's not dat my license is expired, the test expiry isn't written on my L license..

guess wat, i didn't go for the test today. it means i didn't pass.. sigh..

::caR_cAr:: said...

poor mz, its really not ur day lei...nways goodluck to ur test when u do next time!
by da way dun be lazy r, keep on applying jobs so u will get one soon, like me i have few interview to go already la, u must work hard too ok?! !!! "gan-ba-de"

Mz said...

thx Carz.. i did receive a few more rejection letters, applied for part time also, no news just yet..

i pray for u, u pray for me lar.. hehe

Unknown said...

wah lao wei
even cara has a few interviews. Damn....

Hey gal, sorry to hear about your test thingy. Man.... Well just try to digest it and do all your preparation before hand, k?

P.s. beware of your initial D u-turning.....hahaha....
albi

Mz said...

albi! finally leave a comment for me liao huh..

n gotta be my drivin summore yeah?

i only do those u-turns outside April's house.. n ocassionally in Doncaster.. not many times lar, i'm not as good a driver as u think. hehe but do tell the truth, u DID ENJOY the u-turns i did when u were sittin in my car, right right right right??

RIGHT~ ;)

Unknown said...

hahaha.... Tan kuku.... Hai yah... Dun think that u are driving a Wrx with that jazz of yours, gal. Hai yoh.... Besides, where's my new word of the day?